Five rules to remember in life…..
I often wonder what are the five things that I should remember when living my life?
We all have rules and regulations to live by whether it’s in a place of work, driving in the car, purchasing something or just rules of a household you live by. When living in the world by these rules I often wonder if you have rules yourself you live by. This could be something your family has always done, something your parents have forced upon you or rules in general they go by. For example; a close friend of mine has Turkey Fajitas on Christmas Day instead of a traditional roast, watching Gareth Malone’s Naked Choir a guy said that there’s a rule in his family not to listen to Meatloaf and another friend’s family has a rule never to dance in public.
When it comes to your own rules to live by, who set’s these yourself or your family? How do they come about? I’ve often said about finding the joy in my life but in order to do this I think you have to be true to yourself. I’m writing this now, but I know later on in life that I’ll be reading this in a few weeks, and as a reminder to remember to stick by these.
- Always have faith in yourself. Words famously said about Elle Woods, if anything I learn’t always have faith in yourself that you can do what you’ve set out to do. Always complete something. Always believe you can because if anything you might be the only one who believes this to be true.
- Always believe in what you believe in. The world’s a scary place. In order to survive remember that there is a Hogwarts, a Cinderella’s castle, singing frogs and dancing bears and places to escape to. Smell the roses and take time to relax, it’ll help you focus.
- Always remember they do love you. Remember your family do care and love you, might not always show it, but they do deep down. Blood or non-blood, married in or whatever they all count and respect for who they are.
- Always remember in order to be successful education is keen. This is not always to study at college or university, but to research on the internet and find new things out. You never know it might be the thing your looking for.
- Be the best you can be with the abilities you have. Remember not everyone is perfect and not everything is perfect. Take the good with the bad, the ugly with the beauty and take each day as it comes. Life doesn’t always have a picture perfect ending, but that didn’t stop him from doing the right thing, enjoyed every moment and didn’t let anyone stop him conquering his dreams. I may have cheated with the last one… but you get what I mean. Not everyone’s the same, not every story is the same, go on the path you want to live, you’ll get what everyone else has.