🎅 10 reasons I am so excited for the Christmas build up
For many of us the start of beginning of Christmas, is when the adverts start appearing on TV. As the M&S #lovethebear, Toys R US Geoffrey Driving the Sleigh and John Lewis #under the bed and Sky Cinemas.
We all have our festive traditions. Whether it be watch a movie, go sing carols around a Christmas tree, going shopping somewhere every year or going to see the main person of the year. For me, there is little things I like to do each year. I thought I would share…
10. Watch Christmas Adverts. I know they’ll be on repeat through out the year, but the initial reaction first time, I love it.
9. Go watch the turning on Christmas lights on. Both of these are popular wherever you go. Nothing more than wrapping up warm, going out to watch a load of lights be turned on a tree. For years, I always went to our local ones. This year, I’m actually exited as Windsor has a light display on the castle, last year it looked beautiful.
8. Go see a department store Christmas display. This started when I was very little remembering to see Fenwicks Window on Northumberland Street in Newcastle. Every year, it has a new theme, it’s perfect. Another one of mine is see Glitzen at the Metro Centre.
7. Have a mulled wine. I love a mulled wine on a cold winters night. I love the spiceness of it. You can get this at lots of different events, but one favorite of mine is when shopping. Like at the Manchester Christmas markets.
6. Go to a late night shopping event. These nights are great, whether it be a department store or a garden centre (lets face it there the place to be) they’re a great evening. I love it when you can get a mince pie, some bubbles and hear a carol singer or two.
5. Christmas catalogs. Boots, Toys R Us, Smyths, Benefit, Argos… I love them all. Another tradition from when I was a kid circling in the Argos catalog what you want for Christmas. These days its Boots….
4. Wear something sparkly. Christmas is a perfect time to get that sparkly bag, shoes, top or jacket. I love having a night where I can wear my sparkly shoes.
3. Look for new decorations. Every year me and my mum will always buy a new Santa for her tree (well our tree). We have ones we’ve had for decades and some we’ve only had for a few years. I love trees which have memories to it and not just for decoration.
2. Go visit the Coca Cola truck. Read here why
& number one…..
Go visit Santa Clause. It doesn’t matter how old you are, you want to be on that nice list and tell him what you want for Christmas.